May is Mental Health Awareness Month. It is a time to raise awareness of those living with Mental or behavioral health problems and to help reduce the stigma associated with mental health. Hospitals and Mental Health systems play an important role in providing behavioral health care and helping patients find resources available in their community. If you, a family member or a friend is experiencing any mental health problem, please contact your healthcare provider, Spring Creek Senior Partners at 718-348-7620 or call 1-888-NYC-Well for assistance.
Tips on how to protect yourself and loved ones from the CORONAVIRUS
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Use a tissue or flexed elbow when sneezing or coughing
- Avoid being around people who present with cold or flu-like symptoms
- CDC recommends wearing a cloth face covering
- Social distancing – keep a safe distance between Yourself and others
SYMPTOMS OF COVID-19
People with Covid-19 have a wide range of symptoms – ranging from mild to severe illnesses. Symptoms may appear 2 to 14 days after exposure to the virus. The possible symptoms are as follow.
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- Loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or Runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
If you experience any of those symptoms, please contact your healthcare provider or stop by the Old Management Office at 1279 Delmar Loop
- PILATES (Virtual thru Zoom): Exercises designed to improve physical strength, flexibility, posture and enhance mental awareness.
- STRONGER LONGER (Virtual thru Zoom): Get strong from the inside out, total body movements to challenge the neuromuscular system, a series of movements, which concentrates on core strength, posture, balance and flexibility.
- HEALTH & NUTRITION (Virtual thru Zoom): Healthy eating means eating a variety of foods that give you the nutrients you need to maintain your health, feel good, and have energy.
- TECHNOLOGY WORKSHOP (Virtual thru Zoom): The goal is to teach our seniors the value and importance of social media as well certain platforms like Zoom, Facebook, Skype, Facetime etc.
PLEASE RSVP FOR EVENTS YOU ARE INTERESTED IN by calling 718-348-7620.